Setup FastestVPN with L2TP Protocol on D-Link Router
This tutorial explains how to connect your D-Link Router to FastestVPN using L2TP Protocol.
Go to web browser and enter 192.168.0.1 in the search bar to access your router’s Web Configuration Panel. It will ask for your router’s Username and Password. Enter that information and click on “Login”.
By default the router’s username should be admin without any password or username and password both admin. Otherwise, this information can be found on your router’s back side or in its ‘User Manual’.
Here is how to connect a D-Link router to FastestVPN using L2TP protocol:
Step #1: Go to “Settings” and click on “Internet”
Step #2: Enter following information:
- My Internet Connection is: L2TP
- L2TP Server IP Address: Your desired L2TP VPN server location address. As In this case US-Chicago server address us-cc-l2tp-01.jumptoserver.com is entered. Please click here to visit FastestVPN Complete L2TP server list
- Enter your FastestVPN “Username” and “Password”.
- Reconnect Mode: On demand
- Maximum Idle Time: 1
Step #3: Scroll down and enter following information:
- Address Mode: Dynamic IP
- Primary DNS Server: 18.104.22.168
- Secondary DNS Server: 22.214.171.124
Step #4:Click on “Save” ” button to connect to VPN. You will be connected shortly
On some models of D-Link, the router may reboot. In it does so, then re-login to the router and go to “Status” and click on “Connect” button.
To disconnect from the VPN, go back to the D-Link administration page and click on “Disconnect“.
If you want to use internet without VPN connection then, go to Internet > Settings. Then, next to “My Internet Connection is:”, select Dynamic IP (DHCP) and Save settings.
You are done!!
Enjoy Complete Online Freedom with FastestVPN Speed