Setup FastestVPN with OpenVPN Protocol on DD-WRT Router
Here is how to connect a DD-WRT router to FastestVPN using OpenVPN (TCP/ UDP) protocol.
Step #1: Login to your router’s web configuration panel.
Step #2: Go to Services > VPN”.
Step #3: Follow this:
- Set OpenVPN on “Enable“
- Server/ IP Name:Enter your desired FastestVPN OpenVPN server location address. In this case US-Miami – UDP server address usmia.jumptoserver.com is entered. Please find complete list of our OpenVPN server addresses here
- Port: 4443
- Tunnel device: : TUN
- Protocol : UDP (or you can select TCP but then enter a TCP server address above in “Server/ IP Name” field
- Encryption Cipher: AES-256 CBC
- Hash Algorithm: SHA256
- User Pass Authentication: Enable
- Enter your FastestVPN username and Password in respective fields
Note: If you do not see the Username and Password options as in the above screenshot, you are probably using the DD-WRT with an older version. To setup FastestVPN on DD-WRT older builds, click here
Step #4: Scroll down and follow this:
- Advanced Optionsr: Enable
- TLS Cipher: : None
- LZO Compression: Adaptive
- NAT: Enable
- Firewall Protection: Enable
- Tunnel UDP-MSS-Fix: Enable
- Leave other options as default
Step #5: Scroll down and in Additional Config box, enter following lines:
Step #6: Scroll down to TLS Auth Key box.
Download the certificate text file from here. Open it and copy the text between <tls-auth> </tls-auth> tags. Paste that text into “TLS Auth Key” field.
Step #7: Scroll down to CA Cert box. Open the same certificate file which you downloaded in above step. Now copy the text between <ca> </ca> tags and paste into “CA Cert” field.
Leave other fields as default.
Step #8: Click on “Save” and then on “Apply Settings”. Wait for 1-2 minutes and you’ll be connected to FastestVPN.
In order to make sure that you are connected, go to Status > OpenVPN and it should show “CONNECTED SUCCESS” status there.
You are done!!
Enjoy Complete Online Freedom with FastestVPN Speed