PPTP Protocol on Kubuntu Linux OS
- The following tutorial was created on Linux Kubuntu 20.10 (64-bit) desktop version
Step #1: Right click on your Network Connection/ Wi-Fi icon and click “Configure a Network Connection”.
Step #2: Click on the “+” sign.
Step #3: Scroll down to the “VPN Connections” section. Select Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol and click “Create”
Step #4: Click on “Advanced”.
Step #5: Enable “Use MPPE Encryption” and select “128 bit”. Click “OK”.
Step #6: Now in the New Connection (vpn) section, enter the following details:
- Connection name: Whatever name you like for example FastestVPN-US-LA-PPTP
- Gateway: Your desired PPTP server address as in this case USA Los Angeles us-la.jumptoserver.com. Click here to get the complete list of PPTP VPN Server addresses
- Login: Your FastestVPN Username
- Password: Your FastestVPN Password
Click on Save
Step #7: Now your VPN profile has been created. Right click on its name and click “Connect”.
FastestVPN will be connected shortly.
Next time, you can connect and dicconnect the VPN from your Network connection.